Software Defined Radios
Unmatched Technology • Proven Performance • Full Interoperability
What Makes TrellisWare® Radios Superior
Capabilities and products expertly designed for network scalability, extreme mobility, and challenging RF environments
Built with Advanced Digital Signal Processing
Work in Any
TrellisWare Radio Family
TrellisWare® software defined radios are powered by our robust TSM® waveform. They feature advanced digital signal processing, delivering outstanding resilience to meet dynamic mission requirements – rather than leveraging borrowed consumer-grade Wi-Fi or LTE. Our patented Barrage Relay™ technology is at the core of TSM, outperforming other MANET systems in real tactical environments. With some of the smallest form factors available in a variety of configurations, TrellisWare radios are ruggedly equipped to best enable mission success, and are fully interoperable with each other to provide unbeatable network coverage, communication services, security, and application support.
- Global frequency support covering the UHF, L-band, and S-band (225-400 MHz, 698-970 MHz, and 1250-2600 MHz) in a single radio, maximizing effectiveness, and minimizing complexity (No need to carry multiple radios, hardware modules, or add-ons to get the spectrum coverage you need)
- Built-in Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) security protects voice, Position Location Information (PLI), data, and networking traffic
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) technology with multi-waveform support, operating both the TSM® and Katana™ waveforms to provide wideband MANET and ECCM capability for an all-in-one resilient networking solution that supports dynamic mission environments and threats
- Interoperable with all TSM-enabled devices within the Trellis//Sphere® to include Type 1 encrypted TSM-X radios
- TrellisWare radios with the CE and UKCA mark are approved for military customers in the EU and UK as an indication of performance, safety, and conformance to the European Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU and UK Radio Equipment Regulations 2017 (S.I. 2017/1206). Please contact TrellisWare at email@example.com for test reports or a copy of the respective Declaration of Conformity.
- TrellisWare provides TSM-enabled radios, which are Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Part-15 certified, enabling emergency management organizations the flexibility to operate in an unlicensed spectrum. Please contact Trellisware at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on FCC radio options.
TW-900/950 TSM Shadow®
The TW-950/900 TSM Shadow® provides an expanded frequency range, higher throughputs for streaming multiple HD videos and is interoperable with devices running the TSM-X™ waveform. Unparalleled performance in harsh RF environments provides true tactical networking agility when it matters most.
- Up to 33 Mbps (1 hop)
- Up to 32 Talk Groups
- SD and HD H.264 Video Encoding
- UHF, L-band, S-band in a Single Radio
High Power Radio (HPR)
TW-135 TSM Shadow® High Power Radio (HPR)
The TW-135 TSM Shadow® HPR provides the same RF characteristics and networking capability as the TW-900/950 TSM Shadow handheld radio, including 2-channel audio, up to 32 talk groups, and an expanded side-connector. The TW-135 delivers 20 W transmit power in UHF and L/S-bands for vehicular or manpack form factors.
- Designed specifically for vehicular mounts or manpacks
- Bridges multiple networks together
- Provides long-range transmissions as a backhaul in challenging environments
- Extends network range with high power
TW-860 TSM Spirit Radio®
Interoperable with all TSM-enabled radios, the TW-860 TSM Spirit® radio adds another cost-effective TSM solution to expand your network to everyone who needs to be connected.
Packed with capability, the TW-860 delivers on performance. The core feature set provides seamless data connectivity for all body-worn end-user equipment, support for USB-C Power Delivery (PD), built-in GPS for positional reporting, daylight readable display, compact keypad for direct control, and of course the TrellisWare TSM Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) waveform that is easy to use, configure, and manage.Learn more
The TSM network extends beyond dismounted users, where TSM Ghost radios provide access to a wide range of platforms and can be deployed as network relays. The radio also features GPS and RF antenna connectors, USB data connectors, external power, and a small LCD display.
- Leave behind networking relay
- Tactical tracking
- Supports data and PLI
- Operates with other TSM products
TW-880 TSM Ghost™ Module
The new TW-880 TSM Ghost™ Embedded Module was designed from the ground up to better meet communication systems integration requirements in uncrewed markets. The module provides interfaces and capabilities that integrators need in one of the industry’s lowest Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) configurations, and requires minimal integration effort.Learn more
TW-650 TSM Shadow® Module
The TW-650 is a single-board radio, built for integration into custom platforms, drones, robotics, and existing systems. The radio module provides reliable connectivity for tactical mobile ad-hoc networking using TrellisWare’s TSM® waveform. The TW-650 is ideal for applications where size, weight, and power consumption are critical.Learn more
TW-870 TSM Ghost™
The TW-870 provides the simplest integration path for platforms and assets that do not require the full feature set of a dismounted user radio. The radio covers the UHF, L-Band, and S-Band frequencies, and is very low profile in design.Learn more
INTEROPERABILITY WITH ALL TSM-ENABLED RADIOS
The TSM waveform is the leading Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to support uninterrupted communications in real dynamic environments. TrellisWare’s patented Barrage Relay™ networking, eliminates routing, minimizes network overhead, and provides unrivaled scalability.
TrellisWare’s advanced signal processing allows nodes to collaboratively combine all simultaneous relay transmissions into a stronger and more robust signal, without causing data loss due to collisions or consuming additional bandwidth.
TSM provides mission critical voice, situational awareness, and data sharing without depending on infrastructure or pre-deploying equipment.
The US Army and US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) have chosen the TSM waveform to be the interoperability standard for tactical networking. The TSM waveform is the MANET solution for the US Army’s Integrated Tactical Network (ITN).
FLEXIBILITY IS NEEDED WHEN YOUR WORK TAKES YOU TO ANYWHERE AROUND THE WORLD.
With the TSM Spirit radio, there is no need to carry multiple radios, hardware modules, or add-ons in order to get the spectrum coverage you need.
The radio provides total spectrum coverage of nearly 1850 MHz. Or stated another way, over 1500 channels (at 1.2 MHz bandwidth) to choose from to support worldwide deployment.
The TSM Spirit radio provides the flexibility to utilize the available spectrum supporting global deployments, unlike other networking radios that cover a small fraction of this and require multiple radios to cover multiple bands.