MANET Link Reliability
TrellisWare’s technology effortlessly solves communication problems for the commercial sector by reducing latency, and by enabling rapid deployment, high throughput, and reliability. The TSM™ waveform is highly effective for critical situations in challenging RF environments that require video and data but experience communication link outages often.
The modem design in the TSM waveform ensures link reliability, and enables a TSM radio to receive multiple simultaneous relay transmissions and constructively combine them together. This results in a diversity combining advantage, similar to Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) but without the need and costs for multiple antennas and transceivers.
- Increases Line of Sight (LoS) range
- Acts as a network relay to send and receive IP data
- Low profile TSM module easily mounts to aircraft or other fast moving platforms
- Provides video uplink/downlink air to ground
- Robust communication links between ground and air assets
- Dedicated voice channels and advanced vocoders for high voice quality in latency sensitive applications
- Flexible and adaptable solution for mission critical voice, video/data sharing, and situational awareness
- Simple network management due to a flat layer-2 network architecture
- Low Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
- Fast network join time
- Immune to shipboard RF multipath, and takes advantage of reflections and relays to improve data and reliability
- Proven shipboard deployments for reliable networking connectivity
- Infrastructure-less network with simple network management
- Self-forming, self-healing networking without user intervention
- Superior waveform designed for harsh RF environments
- Robust, scalable advantage from 2 to 250+ nodes
- Each radio peer node transmits, receives and transmits information simultaneously
- No routing required
- The TSM waveform is not based on Wi-Fi, DECT, WiMax, or LTE chips
- Designed for dynamic environments with a lot of RF volatility, user mobility, and interference
- Robust in challenging environments: Shipboard, tunnel, heavy foliage, urban (in and around buildings)
Unique TSM Capability
The TSM waveform’s superior networking capability stems from its robust networking layer for link reliability. Its advanced signal processing allows TrellisWare radios to collaboratively combine simultaneous relay transmissions into a stronger and more robust signal, without causing data loss due to collisions or consuming additional bandwidth.
TSM does not chase artificially high throughputs in benign environments. Instead, the TSM network reliably performs in challenging environments with usable throughput, especially if everything goes wrong. TSM is the only MANET solution with field-proven 250+ nodes in a single RF channel performing in real operational environments.
Free Space Optics
TrellisWare’s Free Space Optics (FSO) capability addresses spectrum congestion in the RF domain and the increased need for bandwidth. The FSO modem provides high bandwidth over long-link distances (10s of kilometers). FSO offers alternatives to microwave radios for commercial backhaul systems, and high-bandwidth inter-building links.
TrellisWare’s approach combats scintillation-induced fading using digital processing techniques instead of Adaptive Optics (AO) – significantly reducing Size, Weight, and Power of the overall system. The modem measures the channel and adapts on a packet-by-packet basis to match the available channel capacity.
Beyond Line of Sight
TrellisWare provides Beyond Line of Sight (BLoS) communications for air to ground, sea to shore, or networks consisting of complex topology. TrellisWare’s waveform ensures consistent link availability delivering the best possible throughput in any multipath fading environment, and it extends network reliability, scalability, and mobility for BLoS communications while enabling situational awareness through continuous voice, data, video, and PLI.
The TSM waveform satisfies the need for robust and adaptable Over the Horizon BLoS connectivity when satellite communications are denied or unavailable.
Custom High Frequency
FEC IP Cores
TrellisWare enables other solutions with its Flexible-Low Density Parity Check (F-LDPC) Forward Error Correction (FEC) cores, operative close to theoretic limits. These Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) F-LDPC codes are used in applications such as satellite communications. Other uses include storage and optical communications, and TrellisWare’s own mobile ad-hoc networking radio products. The flexible, capacity-approaching threshold performance and excellent floor performance of F-LDPC make it appealing to customers across diverse markets, with diverse applications.
Want to improve your communications?
Contact TrellisWare and let us tailor a custom MANET that will increase the quality and reliability of your network.