Last modified: January 11, 2017
Scope of this Policy
Information We Collect
Here are some examples of the types of information TrellisWare may collect from you:
- Information you provide to us. The types of information users of our Websites may voluntarily submit include contact information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address), employment information, login credentials for the Websites, and other personal information submitted by job applicants (such as resumes, salary history, education history, information on security clearances, citizenship information, and ethnicity, race, and gender information). When you register for an account and/or download materials on the TrellisWare Support Center, in order to do so you will be required to provide personal information, such as your name, citizenship, email address, phone number, employer, position, and physical location. You may also provide us with information about your use of TrellisWare products, such as serial numbers and support requests.
- Information you post. Any comments or information that you post on public websites is publicly available and may be viewed, collected, and used by others, including TrellisWare. TrellisWare is not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post on public websites or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings, and cannot control how others use your shared/posted information.
- Information We get from your use of the Websites. When you use our Websites, We may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, tracking pixels, web server logs, web beacons, or other similar technologies or services. We may also use third party web-analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect information. For example, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- Information about your device, such as your browser type, operating system, software version, Internet service provider, and platform types.
- Information about your use of the Websites, including referring URLs, pages you viewed, the amount of time you spend using the Websites, the number of times you return, and other Website usage data.
- Information about your physical location gathered through various technologies, such as your IP address and the country that you download materials from.
Our cookies and other analytics technologies do not collect personal information and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal information provided to us to tell us who you are.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services;
- Operate, evaluate, manage, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Respond to your inquiries and information and support requests;
- To send you promotional materials or other important communications and notifications, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, and conducting reference or other employment-related checks.
- To help us track and understand how visitors use our Websites, to present the Websites and their content to you, and improve the performance and user experience of our Websites;
- Perform data analyses;
- Protect against, identify and prevent cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities, and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- With regard to account registration and use of the TrellisWare Support Center, to determine your permitted access to export-controlled software and materials, to review any exports that occurred through the Support Center, to verify identity of account applicants, and to determine appropriate services.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
TrellisWare does not track its Website users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
Do Not Track Signals
Most browsers will allow you to limit tracking or to block cookies by enabling a Do Not Track (DNT) Header within the browser, our Websites do not recognize Do Not Track headers. However, We only use your Information as described in this Policy.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information on the TrellisWare Support Center
Whenever you use the TrellisWare Support Center, you can access your personal information through your account settings. If that information is incorrect, We aim to provide you with ways to quickly update it, unless We have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Where We can provide information access and correction, We will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, We may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We Share
TrellisWare may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- We may share your information with our employees, parent company or affiliates, or third party vendors, agents, service providers, or contractors, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, information technology, security, or technical support function for us.
- We may disclose information about you to (i) to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, (iii) to appropriate third parties in order to meet any applicable laws or regulations or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity or security events or other fraudulent or illegal activity.
- We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation). In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, then such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
TrellisWare does not currently share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information and Our Commitment to Security and Privacy
TrellisWare considers protection of your information and privacy to be very important, and takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While We seek to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Your information is stored on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information We collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Websites, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your information in the United States, which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in country where you reside.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. We do not direct the Websites to, nor do We knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under thirteen, please contact us using the form below.
Changes to this Policy
TrellisWare may amend this Policy from time to time. When We do, We will post the change(s) on the Websites, so We recommend that you check back to review this Policy often.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions that you would like to ask about this Policy or about our handling of the information collected on our Websites, please contact us using the form below.