Last modified: January 1, 2020
Scope of this Policy
Information We Collect
The personal information that We collect about you depends on the specific services or activities We undertake. The categories of personal information We have collected in the past 12 months are listed below:
- Identifiers and personal information: name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, citizenship/residency status, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, veteran or military status.
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or similar network activity: browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
- Professional or employment-related information: current or past job history or performance evaluations
- Non-public education information: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Information voluntarily submitted by you. Users of our Website may provide us with information directly.
- Information you post. Any comments or information that you post on public websites is publicly available and may be viewed, collected, and used by others, including TrellisWare. TrellisWare is not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post on public websites or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings and cannot control how others use your shared/posted information.
- Information We get from your use of the Website. When you use our Website, We may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, tracking pixels, web server logs, web beacons, or other similar technologies or services. We may also use third party web-analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect information. For example, We may automatically collect the following types of information:
- Information about your device, such as your browser type, operating system, software version, Internet service provider, and platform types.
- Information about your use of the Website, including referring URLs, pages you viewed, the amount of time you spend using the Website, the number of times you return, and other Website usage data.
- Information about your physical location gathered through various technologies, such as your IP address and the country that you download materials from.
Our cookies and other analytics technologies do not collect personal information and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal information provided to us to tell us who you are.
How We Use Information We Collect and the Legal Bases for Use
We may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- As required by TrellisWare to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To operate, evaluate, manage, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- To send you promotional materials or other important communications and notifications, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research.
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, and conducting reference or other employment-related checks.
- To help us track and understand how visitors use our Website, to present the Website and its content to you, and improve the performance and user experience of our Website.
- To share information with third parties to enable them to perform a business, professional, information technology, security, or technical support function for us.
- To perform data analyses.
Where we process your information based on legitimate interests, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract, in particular:
- To communicate with you about our products or services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill and process your request for our products and services, including helping you to complete transactions, process payments, and other customer service purposes.
- To enable you to use certain features of our product and services, including enabling to you to utilize software updates and upgrades.
- As required by TrellisWare to comply with the law, in particular:
- Responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- To protect against, identify and prevent cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities, and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- To ensure compliance with applicable export laws and regulations.
- Where you give TrellisWare your consent.
In the event that we ask you for consent, We will use the collected information for the purposes provided to you at the time of our request. Where we rely on consent to collect and maintain your data, you can withdraw your consent to such activities at any time.
Do Not Track Signals
Most browsers will allow you to limit tracking or to block cookies by enabling a Do Not Track (DNT) Header within the browser, our Website does not recognize Do Not Track headers. However, We only use your Information as described in this Policy. TrellisWare does not track its Website users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
Information We Share
TrellisWare may share your information with our employees, parent company or affiliates, or third party vendors, agents, service providers, or contractors, if the disclosure is made for a business purpose, including enabling them to perform a professional, information technology, security, or technical support function for us. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed identifiers, personal information and commercial information solely to the extent necessary for the above-named business purposes. TrellisWare does not sell your personal information.
We may disclose information about you to (i) to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, (iii) to appropriate third parties in order to meet any applicable laws or regulations or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity or security events or other fraudulent or illegal activity.
TrellisWare does not currently share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information and Our Commitment to Security and Privacy
TrellisWare considers protection of your information and privacy to be very important and takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against accidental loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. While We seek to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Retention and Storage of Personal Information
We keep data in California and also have servers, employees, and contractors around the United States of America and around the world in various locations. By using the Website or providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and consent to TrellisWare transferring such information to the U.S., to any country in which TrellisWare and its service providers maintain systems or facilities, and to other countries globally. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you acknowledge that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, consistent with our legal obligations governing the transfer of such data.
Subject to any applicable business, legal, tax, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements, We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event that such longer retention period is required or permitted by law, if necessary for compliance purposes, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we take into account the risks involved, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes with other means, the applicable laws and requirements, and the nature of the information.
Your information is stored on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information We collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Website, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your information in the United States, which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in country where you reside.
Your Controls and Choices
You may have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Under the law of some jurisdictions, you may have additional legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- A right to access the information we hold about you free of charge, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
- A right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- A right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- A right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- A right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you may have the right to object to us using/storing your information. Where this right applies, we will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where we use/store your information because you have given us your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights where they apply, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below to discuss your options.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to assess whether the legal right applies in the circumstances. This is also a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information we collect about you.
Rights as a California consumer
In addition to the rights set out in this Policy, California law also provides for some additional rights for California consumers, which are summarized below.
Categories of Personal Information:
You have the right to obtain a list of the categories of personal information collected about you, and other related information such as the source of the information, categories of information shared or sold to third parties, and the purpose for such sharing. TrellisWare has provided this information in this Policy.
Additional information on exercising your rights:
You have the right to exercise the rights listed in this Policy free of charge or penalty, but we may limit the number of requests you make or charge reasonable fees as legally permitted. Under California law, a consumer may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period. In such event, TrellisWare will need to collect information from the requesting party so that it can verify their identity, and TrellisWare will respond within 45 days of receiving such request.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise some of your rights; however, in order to help protect the security of your personal information, the authorized agent must follow the same authentication procedures that are required if you exercise your rights without using an agent. TrellisWare will verify requests made through authorized agents to help ensure the safety of your account and to comply with our policies and procedures.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. We do not direct the Website to, nor do We knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under thirteen, please contact us using the form below.
Changes to this Policy
TrellisWare may amend this Policy from time to time. When We do, We will post the change(s) on the Website, so We recommend that you check back to review this Policy often.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions that you would like to ask about this Policy or about our handling of the information collected on our Website, please contact us using the form below.