Virginia Beach, Virginia, August 23, 2019 – TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. (www.trellisware.com), announced today the recent success of its 4th annual TSM™ Working Group event, held in Virginia Beach from August 13–15, 2019. Moving to a new venue this year to accommodate the increasing attendance, TrellisWare hosted TSM partners from various agencies and companies throughout the industry to collaborate on the expanding TSM ecosystem.
Over the course of three days, the working group met to discuss the TSM waveform and how it can be used to address communications challenges being faced today and into the future. The desire for very simple, independent, and highly mobile communications with robust and reliable networking connectivity, data sharing, and situational awareness emerged as the bottom-line. The truly agile TSM waveform, capable of running on Software Defined Radios (SDR), presents unmatched interoperability between partner platforms, sensors, and systems to achieve such goals.
Industry-led discussions involved innovative steps forward and new solutions for products, capabilities, and integration that tap into the power of the TSM waveform. This year’s agenda included returning partners as well as several new companies developing solutions to enhance the user experience and further extend the TSM network. Technologies on display included:
- Several new TSM-enabled radio form-factors ranging from intuitive soldier-level communications to high-power vehicular and airborne systems
- Unmanned systems leveraging TSM for its reliability and network extension
- Integration into Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) systems
- Enhanced audio capabilities with TSM support for 32 simultaneous talk groups and voice gateway technology enabling seamless integration over IP networks
Attendees also had the ability to work jointly with TrellisWare subject matter experts and equipment in an Integration lab during the event. TrellisWare had on hand its new family of radio products that all run the robust TSM waveform. These include:
- TW-950 TSM Shadow™ radio – Handheld with expanded frequency range, higher throughputs, and streaming multiple HD videos
- TW-650 TSM Shadow Core Board module – Low SWaP, embeddable single board module
- TW-135 TSM Shadow High Power Radio (HPR) – Amplified power for vehicular, aerial, or manpack networks
- TW-875 TSM Ghost™ radio – Highly portable, low-profile radio with a built-in battery to use as a relay and extending network range
- TW-870 TSM Ghost radio – Embeddable small form factor radio without having to integrate at the core board level